Prices / Conditions
Hire charges as of 1st July 2018 (all users)
Please note all booking forms should be sent / delivered to The Fishermen's Hall, 16 North Pringle Street, Buckie, AB56 1HT
Are you ready to book online? see below
Our terms and Conditions >>>>>>Click here to download a copy (Opens Popup Window)
Please check our online Calendar Here to ensure youe desired Date is available (Opens Popup Window)
Book The Hall >>>>>>> Click Here (Open's up Popup Window)
Registered Charity/ Local Voluntary Community Groups
£15.00 per hour
£20.00 per hour
£7.50 per hour
£10.00 per hour
£15.00 per hour
£20.00 per hour
Day Rate (12 Hours, Without bar facilities)
£260.00 per day
Half Day Rate (6 Hours Without bar facilities)
£130 per half day
Day or Half Day rate with bar facilities
Hall Hire will be free although a refundable deposit will be payable to cover damages and breakages. Deposit will be £150.00
All concerts and functions, including weddings, require an all facilities booking
All drinks provided, purchased or consumed on the premises must be through facilities provided by the Hall. The above fees do not include the cost of applying for a license for the event from Moray Council, which the Fishermen’s Hall will apply for on behalf of the hirer. Cost of License for event will be £10.00.
Terms and Conditions
- For the purpose of these conditions, the term Hall shall mean the Friends of The Fishermen’s Hall Management Committee.
- For the purpose of these conditions, the term hirer shall mean an individual hirer, or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative as listed in the Booking Form.
- Hirers are asked to respect the facilities provided by the Hall.
- The hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure. Hires will terminate at midnight unless dispensation is given in writing in advance.
- The premises shall not be used for public entertainment outside the hours of 9.00am and midnight unless special permission has been given by the Hall.
- The hirer shall ensure that no animals, except guide dogs, are brought into the building, without prior agreement.
- If a representative of the hall is called out to the building during a hire to remedy a situation caused by improper use of the building, then an additional charge may be levied.
- 24 hour CCTV recording will operate in and around the premises for the security of staff and visitors.
- Hall management officials are entitled to access any events to ensure conditions are being met and proper order is being maintained.
- Any hirer using the Kitchen must ensure all individuals are trained and in receipt of the appropriate certification for using the equipment.
- The Hall is on a let on a ‘first come first served’ basis, with the understanding that weekly/hourly lets, stand down for major community promotions and significant community events.
- The Hall reserves the right to amend the Conditions of Hire, Application Form and schedule of charges at any time.
- All bookings must be made through the bookings manager. To book please, Email email@example.com, telephone 07940238851, or use our online diary to check availability. For an initial booking, or a single booking, the hirer must complete an on-line application form or return the print version of the form by post to James Farley 16 North Pringle street Buckie AB56 1HT The print version will be sent on request or you may download it from the website. At this time, the prospective hirer shall confirm on the booking form that he/she/they accept these Conditions of Hire.
- Bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing by mail or by e-mail and the appropriate payment is received if applicable.
- The hirer has access only to these parts of the Hall specified in the notice of Confirmation of Booking.
- Payment for hire of the Hall or parts thereof in accordance with the current published Scale of Charges shall be made as follows:
- Weddings, Day hires and Half day hires when using bar facilities - a refundable deposit of £150 will be payable at time of confirming the booking. (see also Cancellation Policy below). Setting up prior to booking will be charged per hour - hire rates.
- For local organisations making multiple bookings, i.e. every week or month etc., invoices will be issued at the end of the month after each event and payment shall be made within 14 days.
- In the event that a hirer has to cancel a confirmed booking, a percentage refund of any upfront deposit that has been made will be paid in accordance with the following timescales:
Weddings, Concerts & Functions:
- cancellation more than 6 months before the booked date – 90%
- cancellation between 6 and 3 months before the booked date – 50%
iii. cancellation less than 3 months before the booked date – 10%
- Requests for cancellations are to be submitted by email or in writing, no later than 2 weeks prior to events.
- The hirer will, during the period of hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity. Children are not permitted in the kitchen or bar area.
- The hire shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hire agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- At the beginning of the hiring, the hirer shall be responsible for setting up, and at the end of the hiring, the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents which have been temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Hall shall be at liberty to make extra charges to recover the costs of cleaning and or damages.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to return the premises to an equivalent condition at the end of the hire, including sweeping/mopping the floors and cleaning the kitchen. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that any rubbish accumulated during the hire is removed from the Hall and placed in the receptacles provided or taken away after the event. The Hall does not have the capacity to collect and remove rubbish. The Hall will impose a charge to cover the cost of any additional work that may result from failure to observe this condition.
- Notices and decorations may be used in the hall but care must be taken to the fabric of the building. Blue-tack may be used, but Sellotape and drawing pins are forbidden. If any damage is done to the fabric of the building the hirer will be responsible for any repairs.
- The hirer shall indemnify the Hall for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of hire, as a result of the hire.
- Please be aware that there may be other events taking place in the hall at the same time and you must respect other users.
- The person making the booking is responsible for any personal items lost after the function or for any items left in the building.
- The hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to, the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
Licences and insurance
- The hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed for the performance of entertainment and/or other such activities for which authorisation is required. If activities involve the supervision of children or other vulnerable persons, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all requirements of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme are complied with.
- The hirer shall ensure that sub-contracted activities such as mobile discotheques etc. are fully insured against public liability for their operation. The Hall has insured the hall for Public Liability risks falling within their responsibility.
- Performing Rights Society Licence – It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure they have all the necessary licences and permits for their activities if they suspect that the Hall’s existing premises PPS and PPL license does not cover them.
Children and Young People
- The hirer shall ensure that all children on the premises are under adult supervision at all times.
- For licensed events the terms of our licence requires under 15’s are not allowed near the bar area.
- Challenge 25 Policy- The Friends of the Fishermen’s Hall operates a Challenge 25 Policy. We ask all guests to be aware that bar staff have been instructed under the Challenge 25 Policy not to serve alcohol to any individual whom they believe to be under the age of 25 or to any person attempting to purchase alcohol for any person who they believe to be under 25 unless they have requested, inspected and accepted acceptable proof of age. Acceptable proof of age: A passport, European Photocard, Driving Licence, Pass accredited proof of age card. No other form of identification is acceptable. Please ensure that your guests are aware of this policy in advance of your event.
Emergencies and Health and Safety
- In the event of an emergency please telephone the relevant emergency service. The Duty Caretaker should also be advised. You will be notified on the day of the event of who to contact. If the Duty Caretaker is unavailable, please contact the Booking line 07940238851.
- The hirer shall note the location of fire-fighting equipment and comply with all fire precautions and evacuation procedures as per appendix 1. Smoking/E cigarettes is not allowed anywhere on the premises and the hirer shall ensure compliance with this rule. Smoke machines and pyrotechnics including party poppers may not be used in the hall under any circumstances unless prior consent is given by the Caretaker.
- The hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all the relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations including those detailed on any notice in the kitchen or other part of the halls.
- The hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought to the premises and used there, shall be safe, in good working order and used in a safe manner.
- When applicable and to comply with the Public Entertainments Licence, the hirer should have sufficient competent attendants on duty on the premises to assist people entering and leaving and generally supervising the event. In addition to the hirer, the number of attendants must not be less than 2 for up to 100 persons, 3 for up to 200 and 5 for up to 350, that being the maximum capacity of the Halls. Additional attendants are required if those participating are mostly teenagers and young people. For licensed events licensed door stewards must be employed as per licensing regulations.
- In addition to the hirer, all attendants should acquaint themselves with the fire emergency plan, including:
- the location and use of fire equipment,
- the escape routes and the need to keep them clear,
- the necessity to close all fire doors,
- the operation of escape door fastenings.
- disabled access routes.
- The capacities of the various hall/room(s) are detailed below, on the web site and displayed in the building and it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure these numbers are not exceeded.
- No wine, spirits, beers or other beverages may be brought into the Premises by the public for consumption on the premises, unless permission is granted.
A generic risk assessment report is available to read on request and it is recommended that hirers should read it. Where specific events pose additional risks, the Hall will produce a supplementary report and review it with the hirer beforehand.
Room dimensions, facilities and maximum capacities
Main Hall - Floor Space - 21 Meters x 14 Meters
Close Seated Rows – 336 people
Dancing – 310 people
Seated at Tables of 4 – 220
Dancing and Seated at tables - 260
Supper Room - Floor Space - 9 Meters x 5.6 Meters Hall
Facilities - An induction loop system is available
Kitchen – Floor space 36.8sq.m
Facilities - Basic cooking and preparation facilities are available. 8 ring gas cooker, bain-marie with single hot cupboard, upright freezer and 2 upright double refrigerators.